- On May 1st 1855 the Sisters of Mercy sailed up the River Shannon and arrived at Cappa Pier.
- The school in Chapel St. was run by the Sisters of Mercy from May 1855 until 1868. Then the school was transferred to the new building, known as The Convent.
- In May 1874 the Christian Brothers arrived in Kilrush and began a school in Toler Street and in 1968 transferred to their new building on the Cooraclare Road.
- In 1966 a new school was opened on the Convent site- Scoil Naisiúnta Mhuire gan Smál agus Naomh Sheanáin.
- In 1984 a further 4 classrooms were added.
- In 1996 the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy Schools amalgamated and the Co. Ed. school St. Senan's N. S. was established, with Principal Sr. Mary Mc Mahon and a Staff of 17 teachers.
- In 2013 the new building at the front of the school was opened
- Today in the year 2015/2016, the Principal is Mrs. Avril Bolton and there is a staff of 23 teachers and 7 Special Needs Assistants, catering for the diverse needs of our 300 pupils.
Click here to return to Home Page